The University of South Florida Library has many important materials of genealogical and historical value in its Special Collections Department. Among them are:
- Hillsborough County Marriage Records (1846-1988). These include marriage licenses, record books, and indices on deposit from the Clerk of the Hillsborough County Circuit Court.
- Funeral Home Records: F.T. Blount Funeral Home Records: March 1924 - October 1991; A.P. Boza Funeral Home Records: January 1929 - October 1991; Lord & Fernandez Funeral Home Records (May 1947 - May 1951 and January 1959 - March 1976); and Garden of Memories Records: February 1984 - January 1989.
- Photographic Records: Aerial Photographs; Burgert Brothers (compliments the huge collection at the John F. Germany library in downtown Tampa); and Robertson and Fresh Photographs.
- Ybor City and West Tampa Collections
- Many family papers collections
- Numerous ethnic social and mutual aid societies' collections
- The Spanish Civil War Oral History Project
- Ye Mystic Krewe of Gasparilla Records